How to Use/Start Moving
Going from working in a sedentary desk environment to flowing on a Casper Boards deck is like hopping off the couch and training for a race: you want to ease into it. Your Casper Boards deck can be used in two different ways: Sitting Down or Standing Up. Use your deck frequently while sitting in order to get accustomed to using your deck and to increase your movement throughout the day.
When getting accustomed to use of your deck while standing we recommend beginning with the 70:20:10 approach.
70: Spend 70% of your day working as you were before (either sitting or standing)
20: Stand on your deck 20% of your day.
10: Use the remaining 10% to engage in real-life movement and exercise.
When configured for the sitting position as a foot rest, please only use it sitting down. Do not try to stand on the board as the ball rollers will slide and cause you to fall.
Once sitting, let your feet move freely. It is meant to move, so fidget, slide and twist all you want! You will quickly grow hooked to your board and your improved focus.
The Footrest Configuration
When configured for the standing position as a balance board, please be aware it will feel a bit unstable by design.
When using it for the first time, please do the following:
- Make sure you are holding onto something secure like your desk, chair or wall to help you balance as you get used to the board.
- When getting on the board, place one foot firmly on the board first then place the second foot softly on the opposite side of the board.
- Once both feet are on, start shifting your weight from the firmly place foot to the other to then balance yourself on the board
- The goal is to stay centered. Try not to lean too far back or too far forward as you can lose your balance.
- Once you have found your balance, have fun! Feel your legs and core engage as you move around.
The Balance Board Configuration
Use At Your Own Risk!
This product creates an unstable surface. Use of this product may result in injury or death.
Use of this product requires skill and the exercise of caution; children using this product should be properly supervised by adults. Due to the nature of this product, the seller/distributor of this product assumes no responsibility for damage or injury which may be caused by the use of this product whether caused by accident, long term use, negligence, or otherwise.
- Casper Boards are not a toy. Children must be supervised by an adult.
- If you begin to feel like you may lose your balance, simply step off the Casper Boards deck.
- Clear the area around you. Move objects away from your desk or Casper Boards deck that may cause injury if you lose your balance and fall, as well as objects that may impede the deck’s full range.
- Carefully test the floor to ensure the area is non-slippery
- Keep the surface of the Casper Boards deck dry to reduce risk of slipping or falling.
Casper Boards are equipped to hold persons up to 300 pounds.
It is highly recommended that users choose footwear that offers grip on the surface of a Casper Boards deck.
Place a protective mat under the Casper Boards deck to help protect any surfaces that may get scratched, damaged or dented.
Periodically tighten the screws on the base of the deck to eliminate any play or movement between the top and bottom units.
How to Clean
Keep your Casper Boards deck clean, simply use warm water and mild soap to wipe down the deck. Dry off completely before using. DO NOT use chemical cleaners or wood polish.
Visit casperboards.com contact or e-mail email@example.com to order replacement parts for your Casper Boards deck or to process a replacement deck.
We stand behind (and on top of) everything we make with a one-year guarantee. We understand that you need to step on a Casper Boards deck to get a sense of how it feels and flows. If you decide that the deck simply isn’t for you, we ask that you return it to us in the original packaging in like-new condition within 30 days of its arrival date. Casper Boards warrants to you, the original retail purchaser, that your Casper Boards deck will under normal use operate substantially in accordance with the accompanying documentation.
The warranty is limited and is not applicable to:
- Normal wear and tear
- Defects or damage caused by misuse
- Accident (including without limitation collision, fire and the spillage of food or liquid)
- Unusual stress
- Improper and unauthorized repair, installation, wiring, or testing
- Improper storage
- Use in an unapproved device or if the serial number has been removed
- Use not in accordance with the documentation
- Damage caused by the equipment with which the product is used.
To report an issue that is applicable under the warranty, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us with subject line “warranty request” and your order number so your request can be evaluated and a solution can be determined. Please include a detailed description of the issue along with any supporting photos or videos.